The services that we provide and to which this Policy applies include online services such as email newsletters and online content (together, the “Services”).
You ensure that you are authorized and have the right to share your child's information on this website for the benefit of the child’s education. In the event you are found to be unauthorized to share the child’s information, Ruba reserves the right to terminate this Agreement including the T&Cs and report you to the appropriate authorities.
· On this Website.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
· Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
· When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· Use offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us (except findruba.com) or any third party; or
· Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, please contact us at [email protected].
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
· By which you may be personally identified, such as name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, personal identification number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
· That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as avatars, nicknames, usernames; and/or
· About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
· If applying to for an education loan through our Website, we may also collect information and documentation that would necessary for our third party lenders in order to assess your qualification for a loan. This information would be uploaded and provided by you—it would not be collected automatically or without your consent.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
· From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
· Information regarding your child’s academics
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment services requested.
· Your search queries on the Website.
· Information provided to us for the purposes of obtaining lending including but not limited to income verification, income statements, employment verification, and photo identification.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website to tailor your experience and better meet your needs.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. We may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
· Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To provide you with information about schools.
· To help you obtain financing loans.
· To present our Website and its contents to you.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
You may “opt out” of any future sharing of your Ruba account information from our database at any time in accordance with the process described below; however, a Ruba representative may have saved a copy of your account and account-related information from before you opted out.
In addition, we process your personal information for the following purposes: to respond to any questions or comments that you submitted to us on our Site or otherwise; to carry out any obligations entered into between us, such as providing you with Services that you have requested; to notify you of changes to our Services; to seek your views or comments on the Services we provide and send you communications by post, e-mail or text message which you have requested or that may be of interest to you, including newsletters, or promotions of our Services or events; to obtain or maintain insurance coverage, manage risks or obtain professional advice and defend our rights and establish, exercise and defend our legal claims; to facilitate your use of your web account on the Site; or to otherwise provide, create and maintain a trusted online environment and comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction (i.e., information that does not personally identify you directly) or statistical information about you, including statistical data and historical use data, with others for a variety of purposes, including for their own uses, for example, for improving their services for you and others.
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· To enforce or apply our terms and conditions https://rubapay.com/terms.html or and other agreements if applicable.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: fulfill a request from any government/statutory authority; conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Site, or other users; or in an emergency to protect the security and safety of our users or the general public.
If at any point after giving us your personally identifiable information, you no longer desire to continue to receive additional information from us about Ruba, you may “opt out” by emailing [email protected] and putting the words “remove my name” in the subject line of your email. Please note, you cannot opt out of our sharing of your personal information with our Business Partners, or our sharing of de-identified information, or your personal information as required by law or legitimate business interests. Also, if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
Cross-border transfers of information
Storage of personal information: your right to delete and correct it
We retain your personal information as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it or you provided it, and to comply with our legal obligations. In no event will we keep your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes defined in this Policy or our Terms and Conditions. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions, such as our need to prevent and protect against fraud or other illegal activity, to complete business transactions with you, and for such other purposes as allowed by law. You can correct or update your personal information by updating your profile or by contacting us. For more information on where and how long your personal information is stored, your requests to delete it or correct it, please contact us using the contact us form on our website.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer/device to us over the internet will be protected by any form of encryption (encoding software).
Subject to certain limitations on certain rights, you have the following rights in relation to your information, which you can exercise by writing to [email protected].
● to request access to your information and information related to our use and processing of your information;
● to request the correction or deletion of your information;
● to request that we restrict our use of your information;
● to receive information which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
● to withdraw your consent to our use of your information at any time where we rely on your consent to use or process that information.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use and processing of your information on the basis of your consent before the point in time when you withdraw your consent.
Limitation of liability